With more than a decade's experience in civil litigation, Jodi Flynn concentrates her practice on business disputes. She focuses on matters involving commercial leases, construction claims and mechanics liens, sales and distribution agreements, purchase agreements and other contract claims.
Jodi's clients include commercial landlords, management agencies and real property owners of shopping centers, strip malls and office buildings. Other clients include general contractors, subcontractors, materials suppliers, distributors of restaurant equipment, supplies and food, other corporations and individuals.
Jodi has experience before federal and state courts and the American Arbitration Association. During law school, she worked as a law clerk at a suburban firm that specialized in personal injury claims and real estate transactions. After law school, she worked as an associate at a Chicago law firm practicing personal injury litigation. Jodi joined Davis McGrath as an associate in 1998 and became a member of the firm in 2006.
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 1995
- B.A., St. Mary's University of Minnesota, 1989
- State of Illinois (1996)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (1997)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana (2001)
Reported Cases and Representative Matters:
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Real Property Law - Construction Law & Mechanics Lien Sub-committee, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Alliance for Women, Chicago Bar Association
- Alan T. Robillard v. Scott W. Berends, Thomas E. Patterson and the Patterson Law Firm, P.C., No. 1-06-0407.
- Represented worldwide shopping centre group in claims for breach of written guarantees of shopping mall leases against guarantor.
- Represented owner of office building in joint action for possession of premises and unpaid rent against tenant.
- Co-defended shopping mall owner and management agency against claims of negligent and strict products liability, premises liability and declaratory judgment arising out of alleged asbestos exposure by construction worker at shopping mall.
- Co-counsel for owner of golf course in matter before American Arbitration Association involving breach of agreement to provide architectural services against architect.
- Represented general contractor in action to foreclose mechanics lien on residence against owner.
- Represented insulation installer in matter involving foreclosure of mechanics lien on pubic funds and bond claim.
- Defended supplier of high performance floor surfacing in matter involving the Prevailing Wage Act and the foreclosure of mechanics lien on public funds.
- Represented distributor of food items and kitchen/restaurant equipment in action to collect unpaid invoices against purchaser.
- Co-counsel to owner of real property and restaurant facility in matter involving breach of a written installment agreement to purchase the property and fixtures and equipment of restaurant against purchaser.