Gini Marziani has provided counseling and litigation services for clients in business and real estate matters for more than thirty years. Her primary areas of concentration are corporate, commercial, and bankruptcy litigation in both state and federal court.
Gini consults and represents clients on a broad range of litigation including commercial torts, securities fraud, contract claims, and disputes involving franchise agreements, restrictive covenants and letters of credit, for large corporations as well as individuals and closely held corporations. Her real estate practice focuses on litigation matters involving the enforcement of covenants in commercial leases, mechanics liens, title issues, and construction escrows as well as transactional matters. She represents secured and unsecured creditors in numerous bankruptcy proceedings and handles a variety of contested matters and trials, both in the bankruptcy court and on appeal. Gini has been a partner/member of Davis McGrath LLC since 1991.
- J.D., Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago Kent College of Law, 1980
- B.A. with honors, North Central College, 1977
- State of Illinois (1980)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (1980) (Trial Bar, 1985)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois (1993)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana (1989)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin (1987)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (1995)
Reported Cases and Representative Matters:
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member, Illinois Creditors Bar Association
- St. Louis North Joint Venture vs. P&L Enterprises, 116 F.3d 262 (7th Circuit, 1997).
- Represented international, national and local shopping center developers in connection with claims for breach of written leases and guarantees covering multiple national locations.
- Represented multiple individuals in claims against national insurance companies, including fraud and misrepresentation, in connection with fraudulent investments.
- Represented multiple executives in claims against employers, including fraud and misrepresentation, in connection with the sale of stock in the employers.
- Represented national food manufacturer in arbitration and federal court concerning violations of both exclusive and non-exclusive distribution agreements.
- Represented owner of office building in enforcement of operational covenants.
- Represented shopping center developer against claims of violation of restrictive covenant.
- Represented shopping center owner and management company against claims of negligence and strict products liability arising out of alleged asbestos exposure by construction worker at shopping mall.
- Represented owners against general contractor in action to foreclose mechanics lien on property.
- Represented local distributors in claims of breach of contract against defaulting customers.
- Represented owner of real property and business facility in matter involving breach of a written installment agreement to purchase the real property and business.
- Represented creditors in objections to debtors' discharge based upon violations of various provisions of the bankruptcy code.
- Represented creditors in preference and fraudulent conveyance actions brought against them by trustees.